DHHBA frequently receives requests to publish or sign on to position statements or advocacy letters, author or sign on to amicus briefs, submit rulemaking petitions or comments, and participate in legal advocacy and/or litigation.
As a result, DHHBA has established the following process to request DHHBA participation:
(1) Please review the following criteria that must be met for DHHBA participation:
- Any position(s) taken by DHHBA must not conflict with DHHBA’s mission or bylaws.
- The legal issue(s) presented must have a systemic impact on or otherwise be relevant to DHHBA members.
- Necessity must exist for DHHBA participation. For example, the amicus briefs before the court have not fully addressed the issues relevant to DHHBA, or DHHBA members are likely to be negatively impacted if DHHBA does not participate.
(2) Please complete and submit the DHHBA participation request form. Alternatively, you may email us but depending on what your request is, you may still be asked to answer the questions on the request form.
(3) Upon receipt of your complete request, the DHHBA Advocacy and Outreach Committee (AOC) and the DHHBA Board of Directors will evaluate the request based on the above criteria and DHHBA’s availability, and determine whether to approve or deny the request. You will be notified of the outcome via email.